Connecting Through Listening
For leaders and professionals
Part I (90 min.)
- The incredible challenges of listening in busy corporate environments.
- Listening as an interactive, non-passive process.
- EXERCISE: Audio-visual segment and group accuracy test.
- How your brain is designed to seek efficiencies - not listen intently.
- Creating an environment that encourages communication.
- Conveying interest and attention through body language and words.
- EXERCISE: Audio segment and group accuracy test.
Break (15 min.)
Part II (90 min.)
- The importance of demonstrating receptiveness to new ideas.
- Avoiding conversational narcissism.
- How to sustain interest and mental focus.
- Gaining key information through verbal prompts and questioning.
- Achieving clarity through paraphrasing and summarizing.
- EXERCISE: Group listening exercise and individual feedback.
Summary (15 min.)
- Learning summary.
- Accessing additional learning resources.