Leading Effective Meetings
Part I (90 min.)
- Why most meetings fail and why we need to change our approach.
- Human behaviour and the science of meetings.
- The benefits of running non-conventional meetings.
- The three types of meetings and the perfect timing for each.
- Being inclusive - addressing extroverts, introverts and everyone in between.
- EXERCISE: The introversion test and anonymous group poll.
- Using structure and technology to ensure that everyone has a voice.
- Managing conference call, video and telepresence meetings.
Break (15 min.)
Part II (90 min.)
- How to know exactly who to invite.
- "Pre-wiring" to increase meeting success.
- Why a pre-read is essential for 25% of meeting participants.
- The only way to stay on time, every time.
- Your role in facilitating and guiding productive discussions.
- Encouraging collaboration - tips and techniques.
- Achieving buy-in - silence denotes agreement.
- Efficient follow-up - avoiding the futility of "Parking lots".
- EXERCISE: Real-time meeting simulation.
Summary (15 min.)
- Learning summary.
- Recommendations for continued meeting effectiveness.