Presenting with Influence™
Start (8:30 am)*
- Introduction – Why presenting well is critical to success in your role.
- The top five issues that impact your presentations.
- What your audience needs – understanding diverse thinking preferences.
- How to clearly define your purpose before you present.
- EXERCISE: Develop a Communication Plan to guide your approach.
Break (10:00 - 10:15 am)
- Why you must get to the point quickly.
- Story versus data – the power of narrative and analytic persuasion.
- Thinking visually to increase engagement – The Picture Superiority Effect.
- EXERCISE: Use the Communication Outline to develop a compelling structure.
Lunch (12:00 - 1:00 pm)
- Why simulation is critical to your presentation success.
- Refining your presentation structure to achieve clarity of thought.
- EXERCISE: In-session practice and group feedback.
Break (2:30 - 2:45 pm)
- Techniques for developing an authentic, engaging delivery style.
- How to use vocal expression, pace and volume to connect with your audience.
- EXERCISE: Additional practice and detailed individual feedback.
- Learning summary.
- Accessing additional learning resources.
Close (4:00 pm)*
* Start and end times can be adjusted as needed.